District APPR Information

  • Parents and legal guardians may request the most recent performance rating and composite effectiveness score for the current teacher(s) and principal of the school their child presently attends.

    This information is provided as part of the Annual Professional Performance Review process. The state requires Annual Professional Performance Reviews (APPR) that result in a single effectiveness score using multiple measures of effectiveness. The law specifies that student achievement will comprise 40 percent of such evaluations. The remaining 60 percent is based on other measures as agreed to in each school district. The state requires school districts to give all teachers and principals a number from 0 to 100 to rate their performance. Teacher and administrator effectiveness is outlined using four rating categories: highly effective, effective, developing, and ineffective.

    If such information is requested about a teacher or principal, the district will share an oral explanation of the composite effectiveness scoring ranges for the annual professional performance rating. We will also give an opportunity to understand such scores in the context of teacher evaluation and student performance. Any teacher or principal whose information is requested will be notified. If you are interested in obtaining this information, please download and complete the form below. This form needs to be completed, submitted, and reviewed before any information can be released.

    All evaluators are trained in use of the Framework for Teaching Evaluation Instrument (Charlotte Danielson rubric) through TeachScape, a nationally benchmarked, research-based training program. In addition, evaluators undergo annual recertification in the use of the Danielson rubric and development of evidence-based classroom observation that focuses on clear learning objectives, a challenging culture for learning in all classrooms, and highly engaging instruction that promotes student thinking and growth. All  Rush-Henrietta administrators engage in ongoing professional development on the use of evidence-based observation, classroom walk-throughs and development of feedback for the improvement of teaching and learning. Teachers are also involved in collegial conversations with evaluators and peers to promote continuous professional growth.

    The District’s APPR Plan, negotiated with the Rush-Henrietta Educators Association, has been approved by the State Education Department and is updated annually to ensure accountability for all teachers and principals and to provide accuracy of data reported for all three APPR components (Rubric Score, State Growth Score, and Local Achievement Score) and the composite score/rating. If you are interested in requesting a copy of the district's APPR plan, visit the State Education Department website by clicking here.

    Inquiries about the APPR Plan, performance of R-H teachers, and other information about the APPR evaluation system should be directed to Dr. Patrick McCue, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, at 359-5044.





Related Files