Registering Students for Rush-Henrietta
It is our desire that all school-age children living in the Rush-Henrietta Central School District are registered in time to attend school in September. It is important for us to know how many students will be enrolled on the first day of school. Appropriate supplies and textbooks, equitable classroom sizes and assignments, and bus schedules must be created. We must be fully prepared. Please register as early as possible. If the grade at your child's home school is at capacity at the time of registration, your child will be assigned to another elementary school for the school year. Students entering kindergarten in September 2021, must be 5 years old on or before Dec. 1, 2021. Students new to the district, those who have moved or left the district and wish to return, and those who have attended a private school, including kindergarten, must register.
How to Register Your Student for School
Our district is offering three ways for parents/guardian to register:
- In-Person: Please call 585-359-7957 to set up an appointment to register your child in person with the district registrar. One parent/guardian may attend this meeting as we continue to follow COVID guidelines. During your scheduled appointment, be sure to bring all completed forms and required documentation with you. Note: Appointments are available school days, between 8 am and noon OR 1 and 3 pm. All CDC and health department guidelines will be followed. Please be prepared to answer COVID screening questions, have one person attend the registration meeting, and wear a mask.
- Online: Please contact the registrar at 585-359-7957 or by email LBeckelhymer@rhnet.org so she can provide the registration link.
- Contact-Free: For those who do not feel comfortable meeting in person, but would like to turn in their registration packet, you may drop off the completed registration packet in the designated mailbox outside of the Parker Administration Building. The address is 2034 Lehigh Station Road, Henrietta, 14467. In addition to the registration packet, please include a copy of your child’s birth certificate, a copy of immunizations, and a proof of residency.
The registrar may be reached by calling (585) 359-7957 or by emailing LBeckelhymer@rhnet.org. We appreciate your patience and flexibility during this time.
Please read the directions below and be sure you have all necessary documents to register.
Documents Needed to Register Your Student for School
In order to register, you will be required to provide the following:
1. Documentation of district residency:
A mortgage or deed (or tax bill) document to a house or a lease for an apartment, in the parent/guardian names, is required. If your name, as parent or guardian, is not on the mortgage or lease, let the district registrar know when you call for an appointment. She can provide you with a required Shared Housing Affidavit and detailed information.
You may also click here to download a PDF of the Shared Housing Affidavit that you may print.
2. Documentation of age. Acceptable forms of documentation include:
A birth certificate (original or certified transcript, including a foreign birth certificate) OR Baptismal record
If neither of these is available, other evidence may be considered, if it has been in existence for at least two years.
3. Record of immunizations and a health certificate from a licensed physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. This may be faxed to (585) 359-7959.
4. If applicable, a copy of judicial orders or court-ordered guardianship papers.
Students will not be registered without the necessary paperwork.
You may download all of the registration forms here. Registering your student is a vital task. Thank you for partnering with us to ensure a smooth start to your child's school year. In the meantime, visit the district's site - especially the District Information pages - to learn more. We look forward to showing you why Rush-Henrietta is a great place for students to learn!