Registering Students for Rush-Henrietta
Please see below for information regarding K-12 registration. For UPK registration information, please click here.
To register a child attending a private or parochial school, please contact the district registrar at (585) 359-7957 or email@example.com, as the process is different.
It is our desire that all school-age children living in the Rush-Henrietta Central School District are registered in time to attend school in September. It is important for us to know how many students will be enrolled on the first day of school. Appropriate supplies and textbooks, equitable classroom sizes and assignments, and bus schedules must be created. We must be fully prepared. Please register as early as possible. If the grade at your child's home school is at capacity at the time of registration, your child will be assigned to another elementary school for the school year. Students entering kindergarten in September 2022, must be 5 years old on or before Dec. 1, 2022. Students new to the district, those who have moved or left the district and wish to return, and those who have attended a private school, including kindergarten, must register.
Click here for kindergarten registration.
How to Register Your Student for School
We are offering three ways for you to register your child to attend school:
- Contact-Free: Please place the registration packet and required documentation into the secure, designated drop box located at 2000 Lehigh Station Road, Henrietta, 14467 (Carlton O. Webster/Webster Learning Center - District Registrar entrance - look for the yellow kindergarten registration sign).
- Online: Please click here to read the step-by-step instructions in order to complete an online registration. You will need access to a scanner to upload registration forms and required documentation.
- In-Person: If you would like to register in-person, please contact the district registrar at (585) 359-7957 to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins are not accepted. Please be sure to bring all completed forms and required documentation with you. One parent/guardian may attend this meeting, as we continue to follow COVID guidelines.
The registrar may be reached by calling (585) 359-7957 or by emailing LBeckelhymer@rhnet.org.
Please read the directions below and be sure you have all necessary documents to register.
Documents Needed to Register Your Student for School
In order to register, you will be required to provide the following:
1. Documentation of district residency:
A mortgage or deed (or tax bill) document to a house or a lease for an apartment, in the parent/guardian names, is required. If your name, as parent or guardian, is not on the mortgage or lease, let the district registrar know when you call for an appointment. She can provide you with a required Shared Housing Affidavit and detailed information.
You may also click here to download a PDF of the Shared Housing Affidavit that you may print.
2. Documentation of age. Acceptable forms of documentation include:
A birth certificate (original or certified transcript, including a foreign birth certificate) OR baptismal record.
If neither of these is available, other evidence may be considered, if it has been in existence for at least two years.
3. Record of immunizations and a health certificate from a licensed physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. This may be faxed to (585) 359-7959.
4. If applicable, a copy of a judicial custody order or court-ordered guardianship papers. Please contact the district registrar with any questions regarding the required documentation.
Students will not be registered without the necessary paperwork.
You may download all of the registration forms here. Registering your student is a vital task. Thank you for partnering with us to ensure a smooth start to your child's school year. In the meantime, visit the district's site - especially the District Information pages - to learn more. We look forward to showing you why Rush-Henrietta is a great place for students to learn!