Special Vote: Athletic Facilities, Access Road, and More!
Update: Rush-Henrietta voters approved this proposition by a margin of 736-199 on December 14, 2021.
Rush-Henrietta will hold a special vote Tuesday, December 14. It is putting forth a proposal to address many issues of importance to our school community. Voters will be asked for approval to move forward with many often-requested enhancements to the Senior High School campus. The $10.5 million required for this special project already has been set aside in district reserve funds. There is no additional impact to the tax rate. A single proposition will appear on the ballot. It asks voters for authorization to:
- construct an artificial turf, multi-purpose stadium, including lights, bleachers, and press box, to be located adjacent to Elmer Gordon Stadium.
- build a road connecting East Henrietta Road and the high school’s west parking lot to alleviate traffic.
- install eight tennis courts, a setup suitable for hosting regional tournaments.
- create new seating and a press box to accompany the varsity soccer field.
- relocate the junior varsity softball field to a different portion of the high school property, and move the Good Shepherd playground.
- repair the high school swimming pool.
A vote will be held from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday, December 14, at the Transportation and Operations Center, located at 1133 Lehigh Station Road, Henrietta. Please note the special start time of 9 a.m. To be eligible to vote, you must be a U.S. citizen; be at least 18 years old by December 14, 2021; and a resident of the school district at least 30 days prior to the vote. You do not have to own property in the district. Should you have questions regarding this proposition, please contact Andy Whitmore, assistant superintendent for school operations and finance. Reach him at 359-5037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.