Distinguished Alumni and Hall of Fame
Welcome to the Rush-Henrietta Alumni Council's Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame! To be considered for induction into the Hall of Fame, the Alumni Council will apply the following criteria to all who are nominated:
- Nominees must be graduates of a high school operated within the towns of Rush and/or Henrietta, including Rush High School or the Monroe Academy in Henrietta. Eligible graduates may have earned diplomas from any of the more recent high schools that served residents of the Rush-Henrietta Central School District, including the Rush-Henrietta High School from 1952 to 1968, the James E. Sperry High School from 1969 to the present, or the Charles Roth building during years in which it was operating as a second high school in the district.
- Nominees may have succeeded at the local, regional, national or international levels in any appropriate area of endeavor, including academia and education, arts, business, media, public service, philanthropy, medicine, military, science or sports.
- Anyone may nominate an alumnus or alumna, and nominations can be made posthumously; nominators need not have attended Rush-Henrietta schools to submit nomination.
- Nominees must have graduated from Rush-Henrietta at least 10 years prior to their nomination.
- Self-nominations are not allowed.
- Incomplete nominations will not be considered; nominators must provide details about those aspects that make the nominee worthy of induction.
- Nominees will be contacted and asked to provide additional biographical information.
For many years, the Distinguished Alumni Awards were sponsored by the Rush-Henrietta Education Foundation. Trustees established the recognition program in 2000 and its duties were assumed by the Rush-Henrietta Alumni Council in 2006. To view Rush-Henrietta Distinguished Alumni, please see the list of graduates to the left.The nomination form is below. The deadline for submissions is July 20, 2018.
- Any nominee who is selected is expected to attend the annual homecoming Hall of Fame induction ceremony, which is held in September or October of each year. If that is not possible, a representative will be expected to attend.