While schools are closed, students are encouraged to take advantage of a variety of independent learning opportunities as provided below. In addition to these suggestions, Rush-Henrietta has created pages of resources that students are familiar with and should be able to use independently. You can access many of the resources from your child’s school library media page under “Home Learning Resources.”
For more information on the district's distance learning plan, visit the Continuity of Learning page.
- read books from class or home, as well as read other pertinent materials/resources.
- check out Ebooks from overdrive.com by selecting Monroe #1 BOCES as the library.
- write letters, journals, or respond to texts or videos.
- research personal areas of interest.
- practice math fluency and computation of grade-appropriate math, and review grade level math concepts.
- engage in physical activity and continue with fitness programs per their PE lessons.
- practice music assignments for instrumental and choral lessons/performances.
- review current events and grade level social studies concepts.
- review the Guides to Student Learning for grades K-6 on the district website.
- engage in a variety of science learning experiences available on the district website for grades K-6 (see "R-H Science Director's Website" link in the Home Learning Resources for your school, linked below).
- utilize district supported web-based subscriptions for practice and review.
Your child’s school library webpage has a link for “Home Learning Resources.” You may also visit those webpages by clicking on the links below:
- Senior High School
- Burger Junior High School
- Roth Junior High School
- Sherman Elementary School
- Vollmer Elementary School
- Crane Elementary School
- Fyle Elementary School
- Leary Elementary School
- Winslow Elementary School
If you do not have internet access at home, there are a couple of options available. R-H partners with EveryoneOn to offer lower cost internet services for our students. More information on that service may be found here.
Charter has announced they will provide free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days for new subscribers. Call 1-844-488-8395 for more information. Rush-Henrietta is not affiliated with this offer, but we are passing the information along to our families and encourage you to understand all of the requirements prior to signing up.