About Counseling Services
School counselors in Rush-Henrietta recognize that every student in our community is important. We use a holistic developmental framework to support students as they grow in their development of effective decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, and responsible citizenship. School counselors facilitate lessons that focus on the value of lifelong learning and college and career success. Our Rush-Henrietta school counseling department is comprised of 15 school counselors who work with students in grades K-12.
School counselors address the American School Counseling Association Mindsets & Behaviors including:
- Self-Management Skills
- Social Skills
- Learning Strategies
- Mindsets (summarized below)
- Healthy balance of mental, social-emotional, and physical well-being
- Sense of belonging in the school community
- Understanding the relationship between being a life-long learner and career success
- Using personal abilities to the fullest potential
- Positive attitude toward work and learning
The Rush-Henrietta School Counseling Department has collaborated in the development of a comprehensive K-12 school counseling plan. This plan ensures consistent counseling lessons for each grade level across the district. A School Counseling Advisory Council has been established to monitor progress related to goals identified in the plan. Members include school counselors, parents, students, district administrators, social workers, and teachers, among other stakeholders. The plan is available below.