Leary Health Office
Research shows that healthy children and youth increase their potential for academic success. Our School Health Services staff provide a wide range of health support to our district’s children, including review of immunization and health appraisal information as a part of the registration process.
- First aid and illness care during the school day.
- Development of Emergency and Individualized Healthcare Plans as needed for students with significant health issues.
- Comprehensive Health Education curriculum delivered according to The Guidance Document For Achieving the New York State Standards In Health Education, through participation in building instructional teams.
- Health support to faculty and staff.
Annual health screening for all students in Kindergarten through 3rd grade are as follows:
- Distance and near vision screening for all new school entrants, and annually for students in grades Kindergarten, 1st and 3rd.
- Color perception screening once during school career.
- Hearing screening for all new school entrants, and annually for students in grades Kindergarten, 1st and 3rd.
Forms are available for parent/guardian use (use the link provided, print the form, have the form completed and return to your building’s Health Office). Physical forms must be on file in the Health Office for all entering students as well as students in Kindergarten, and grades 1 and 3. Medication Guidelines for parents and guardians are also available at the links below. The medication forms must be printed, completed, and returned to your student's Health Office if medications are needed during school hours.