About School Social Work Services
School Social Workers are licensed mental health specialists who serve as a liaison between school, home, and the community. Our Rush-Henrietta Social Work Department is comprised of 14 social workers in grades K-12 who advocate for and empower students, families, and educators to gain access to school and community resources that will support them in reaching their full potential.
Through the use of counseling, crisis support, collaboration with school staff and community service providers, restorative practices, and numerous additional services and interventions, social workers remove barriers in order to support students both academically and in social-emotional areas. Our social work department is committed to promoting equity and inclusion and holds high expectations for all students, using a range of supports to ensure effective communication and collaboration with all students and families.
Please see below for a list of our district social workers, their school location, and contact information:
- Crane Elementary: Jennifer Russell (359-5417, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Fyle Elementary: Barbara Thorogood (359-5447, email@example.com)
- Leary Elementary: Laurel Norton (359-5478, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Winslow Elementary: Amy Spitzer (359-5097, email@example.com)
- Sherman Elementary: Brook Baumgartner (359-5507, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vollmer Elementary: Karen Mersich (359-5577, email@example.com)
- Burger Junior High School: Sharon Maysick (359-5325, firstname.lastname@example.org), Erica Eason, .5 (359-5337, email@example.com)
- Roth Junior High School: George Falcon (359-5205, firstname.lastname@example.org), Erica Eason, .5 (359-5122, email@example.com)
- Senior High School: Janice Hargrave (359-5227, firstname.lastname@example.org), Michael Elphick (359-5236, email@example.com), Paul Swiatek, Drug & Alcohol Counselor (359-5233, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Webster Learning Center: Laura Carusotti (359-5540, email@example.com), Beth Warner (359-5546, firstname.lastname@example.org)