Common App for College Applications
How to Set-Up Your Common App Account
- Go to www.commonapp.org
- Click Create an Account in the upper right corner.
- Fill in the required fields (Use a personal email account. DO NOT USE YOUR DOCS EMAIL ACCOUNT).
- Add at least 1 college to your My Colleges List
- Choose the Common App tab, and choose Education section on the left.
- Add Rush-Henrietta as your high school, fill in the few questions and save. You do not have to complete the entire Education section.
- Once completed, go back to My Colleges tab.
- Complete the FERPA waiver:
- Choose one of your colleges.
- Choose Recommenders and FERPA on the left.
- Select Complete Release Authorization.
- Check all the appropriate boxes, sign and save.
- Note: You will be given a choice to waive or not to waive your right. It is our recommendation that you check the box for "I waive my right to review all recommendations and supporting documents..."
- WE SUGGEST YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT as some recommenders will not write a letter if you do not waive your right.
NEXT: Link your account to Naviance using the College Application Procedures.