Tuition Free - U of R
Students in the Rush Henrietta Central School District may qualify to take college level classes at the
University of Rochester Tuition Free -
requirements, information and directions for applying, as well as the required Forms are available below...
- Be a Rush Henrietta resident (includes a resident attending a private school or being home-schooled).
- Have completed Grade 10 and earned 10 high school credits.
- Have earned a CUMULATIVE average AND be passing ALL courses with at least 80%.
- Show evidence of interest, commitment and maturity.
- Provide transportation and fees for books and equipment.
- Take no more than two college courses during each semester/session (Only one during the first experience).
- If applicable, have successfully completed previous college coursework. One having received a grade of F or W will be ineligible to register for other college courses during the following semester.
- If graduating, start date of a summer class must be BEFORE the date of RH’s graduation; If a rising junior, start date of a summer class must be AFTER the date of RH’s graduation.
- Students may take 1 course their first experience; thereafter, students may take up to 2 courses each semester as long as the requirements are met (listed within the Rush Henrietta SHS College Program Tuition Waiver) AND/OR the student did NOT receive a grade of “F” or “W”.
- Be sure that you have read all information pertaining to the course(s) you have selected as some courses are restricted and/or have prerequisites.
- Course selections are subject to seat availability and registration is based on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If graduating, start date of a summer class must be BEFORE the date of RH’s graduation;
If a rising junior, start date of a summer class must be AFTER the date of RH’s graduation.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the courses selected are applicable to their program by consulting with their counselor.
- If a student registers for a class without meeting prerequisites, enrollment in that course may be cancelled at any time
- If a student registers for a course prior to receiving their previous semester’s final grade and s/he receives an “F” or a “W”, enrollment will be cancelledREQUIRED APPLICATION PROCESS
To access step-by-step instructions for applying to a U of R PreCollege Program - CLICK HERE
* BE SURE TO READ THROUGH THIS DOCUMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY PRIOR TO MOVING FORWARD WITH APPLYING
To access forms required for completing a U of R PreCollege Programs application - CLICK HERE
* Students need a completed Tuition Waiver for ALL courses they are looking to register for (including back-up choices)
It is strongly recommended that students have at least 1 alternate course selected, with forms completed as outlined within the Required Application Process in the event they are unable to get into their first choice(s)To view REGISTRATION & CLASS DATES,
as well as HOW TO SEARCH FOR CLASSES & AVAILABILTY - CLICK HERE