Rochester's Area Colleges
Greetings from the 14 members of Rochester Area Colleges!
The Rochester Area Colleges are planning to be your schools on Tuesday, September 28th at the times listed below.
8:00-8:45: Rush-Henrietta HS
9:30-10:15: Victor HS
11:00-11:45: Honeoye Falls-Lima HS
12:45-1:09: Brighton HS
The 14 colleges and universities participating in the RAC visits are Alfred State College, Alfred University, Finger Lakes Community College, Genesee Community College, Houghton College, Keuka College, Monroe Community College, Nazareth College, Roberts Wesleyan College, Rochester Institute of Technology, St. John Fisher College, SUNY Brockport, SUNY Geneseo, and University of Rochester.
Register via the College & Career Center if you wish to attend.
2021-22 FAFSA and NYS Application for TAP Now Open
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is found at fafsa.gov.
- At the end of the FASFA, students who are NYS residents and indicated at least one NYS college on their FAFSA can access the NYS TAP application and complete both applications in one session.
- Helpful FAFSA features include the Internal Revenue ServicesData Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) that enables students and their parents to electronically transfer their 2019 tax return information when completing the FAFSA.
- Encourage your students to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible to meet college deadlines and maximize their financial aid. Many colleges use FAFSA information to calculate amounts and types of aid students may qualify for, and each college has its own schedule for awarding financial aid.
Get Your FSA ID Ahead of Completing the FAFSA
- FSA IDs are created at fsaid.ed.gov.
- Each student and one parent need FSA IDs to electronically sign and submit the FAFSA. Students taking federal student loans will also need their FSA ID to sign for any federal student loans they decide to take.
- Although students and parents can get an FSA ID while filling out the FAFSA, tell them that getting it ahead of time will make the entire process much smoother.
- Students and parents must create their own FSA IDs with their own personal information. Each FSA ID is for the exclusive use of that individual and cannot be shared.
- An FSA ID cannot be created by any individual on behalf of someone else, including a family member.
- The student and parent's information at the Social Security Administration (SSA) must be correct or corrected before getting an FSA ID. Visit SSA at www.ssa.gov to learn how to correct any errors.
NYS DREAM Act Application is Open
- The link to the NYS DREAM application is found at hesc.ny.gov/dream.
- The Senator Jose Peralta New York State DREAM Act gives undocumented and other students access to New York State‐administered grants and scholarships that support their higher education costs.
- To qualify for NYS financial aid under the NYS DREAM Act, students must meet certain eligibility criteria. Eligible students can apply for NYS grant and scholarship programs, including the Tuition Assistance Program, Excelsior Scholarship, and Enhanced Tuition Awards.