New York 2-d Law Compliance
The Rush-Henrietta Central School District (RHCSD) routinely enters into contracts with third-party contractors in order to provide software, online applications and other tools to our students and staff. These contractors may have access to student and staff data as defined by law. To help protect personally identifible data of staff and students, Rush-Henrietta is working to ensure that online and digital tools used as part of continuity of learning comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including FERPA, COPPA, IDEA, Education Law § 2-d, and Part 121 of the Commissioner of Education’s Regulations.
For each contract the REHCSD enters into with a provider, and where the third party contractor receives student or staff personally identifiable data, the following information will be included:
- the intent for which the student data or staff data will be used;
- a published agreement that the third party contractor will ensure that the subcontractors, persons or entities that the third party contractor will share the student or staff data with, if any, will abide by data protection and security requirements;
- the disposal of data that contains personally identifiable items;
- a process for parents, students, staff who wish to challenge the accuracy of the student data or staff data that is collected; and
- the location of data and where it will be stored.
Resources are available on this site that will assist in understanding your rights under NYS 2-d Law. If you have questions, concerns, or comments please contact the district's Data Privacy Officer, Brad Malone, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 585-359-7874.