General Reminders from Principal Jeff Pollard
1. To help ensure the safety and security of everyone, all doors to the school are locked immediately following the arrival of students. Our main office will have a check-in/check-out badging system for visitors and volunteers. In addition, a sign-in/sigh-out sheet will be available for parents who bring children in after the bell rings and pick up children prior to dismissal.
2. Teachers are happy and willing to meet or talk with you, but it is important for teachers to spend the first few moments of the day greeting children and setting the tone for the rest of the day. If you happen to be in school, please do not seek to enter into conversations with teachers when the children are arriving.
3. Sign-up sheets for Parent/Teacher Conferences will be available in classrooms during the grade-level Curriculum Nights. Please contact the teacher by note, e-mail, or telephone if you are unable to sign-up at curriculum night.
4. E-News: All Winslow parents are automatically signed up to receive Winslow E-News! This allows me to contact parents quickly and effectively with news about our school.
5. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to contact me with questions or ideas that you may have about our school.
6. We encourage parent volunteers. Please let me know if you are having any problems arranging mutually convenient times for you to volunteer in classrooms.
7. Arrival time for students is 7:40 am. Students must not be dropped off in the front hall before this time. We cannot monitor or supervise children before 7:42 am.
8. As you can imagine, dismissal is a very hectic time. We expect children must ride the bus they are assigned to unless we have a written request from the parent or guardian. Please use the new, green Winslow dismissal forms to inform the school when there is a change in your child's dismissal routine. We discourage children riding home with another student on the bus for play dates or parties. We cannot issued bus passes for student play dates. During this busy time, it is impossible to stop to make telephone calls to determine where the child is going. Please be sure to write a note if you need a bus change.
9. For safety and security reasons, any children who are being picked up after 1:45 p.m. will be asked to wait in the Library with their parent until the buses have exited the bus loop.
PLEASE NOTE: ID will be required each time you pick up your child. This is an R-H district policy.
10. There is a no charging policy for school breakfast and lunch. Please make sure that your child has money or that you have arranged for money to be placed on their meal account, each and every day that your child is in school.