• Welcome to Sherman Elementary School! Below you will find a list of frequently asked questions that are designed to help you learn more about our school. Please feel free to call the main office at 359-5490 for additional information. We're happy to help!

    Q. Where do I drop off my child?
    A. Before school, you can drop off your child by looping through our side parking lot, stopping briefly to let them out at the sidewalk. They can then enter through the front doors. If you are dropping off your child after 9:20 a.m., you will need to park in the parking lot and accompany your child to the front door. Please buzz the main office and we will have someone come out to get your child.

    Q. What is the earliest time I can drop off my child at school?
    A. Children should not arrive before 9:10 a.m.  No one is available to supervise students before that time.

    Q. What is the procedure if I need to temporarily change my child's busing?
    A. At this time we are not providing bus passes.

    Q. What is the procedure if I need to pick up my child early?
    A. If you need to pick up your child before dismissal at 3:35 p.m., please fill out this early dismissal form: Early Pickup Form  or you can call our main office at 359-5490 no later than 2 p.m. daily.  When you arrive, please park in the parking lot and walk to the front door with your license/ID.  

    If you are picking up your child at dismissal time, please fill out the Early Pickup Form (link above). When you arrive, loop through our side parking lot, we will send your child to you. Please be sure to have your ID available.

    Q. Who do I need to notify if I have a change of address or phone number?
    A. Please contact the main office at 359-5490 to update your information.

    Q. What do I do if we are moving?
    A. Please notify the main office at 359-5490 immediately.

    Q. How do I put money on my child's lunch account?
    A. There are a few different ways you can put money on your child's lunch account. You can send in cash or a check made out to R-H Food Service that will be given to the cashier; you can call MealPayPlus at 1-866-727-3053; or visit www.mypaymentsplus.com. Please have your child's student ID number when making a payment. If you don't have the ID number, the classroom teacher or main office can give it to you.