Rush-Henrietta Home School Program
The Home School Program oversees the administration of the regulations (Part 100.10) of home school instruction as required under New York State Education law.
Administrative duties and responsibilities:
- Student registration and Change of Status (COS) protocol
- Provide Home School parents with the Rush-Henrietta Home School procedure manual. The manual includes:
- Part 100.10 of regulations of the Commissioner of Education
- Copies of all the required annual reporting documents
- Q & A on Home Instruction prepared by NYSED
- Required timelines
- Update manual as required
- Maintain a data base of students
- Track/record/approve all reports submitted by families annually
- Provide guidance and clarification to families, as required
For further information on home schooling, please contact Sheila Donofrio at 359-5521 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Mr. Mike Sweeney, Director of Alternative Education, at 359-5528, or at email@example.com.