Below are links to resources that may be helpful to you regarding the coronavirus. Additional resources specific to different age groups may be found in the links to the left. Two hotline numbers you can call for help are listed below.
If you have additional questions, please contact your school's social worker, counselor, or psychologist during regular hours.
For a comprehensive listing of a variety of available resources, click here.
- Tips for caregivers, parents, and teachers during infectious disease (not specific to COVID-19) outbreaks
- NYSED resource guide for mental health during COVID-19 (contains links to access the guide in 7 languages)
- Podcast featuring expert advice on talking with children and teens about the coronavirus.
- Talking to children about COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- Ideas of activities for parents and children when schools close
- Supporting families with PBIS at home
- Supporting mental health at home
- Supporting your child's mental health as they return to school
Wellness Resources: Self-Care/Managing Stress and Anxiety
- Coping with stress during infectious disease outbreaks
- Self-care resource
- Strategies to support staff wellness
Headspace website offered for free to NY residents through a coordination with Gov. Cuomo's office including meditations for sleep, mindfulness activities, articles, and videos to support emotional wellness in adults and children
Wellness Resources: Monroe County Resources for Families
- The URMC Monroe Mobile Crises Team is now available through telehealth visits
- Information from the Monroe County Office of Mental Health
- COVID-19 NYS Emotional Support Helpline: 1-844-863-9314
- Lifeline (local counseling support for families): (585) 275-5151